Current Issues (0)Noticed anything not working correctly? Report it!
At the moment there are no known issues.
- New Domain Lists Category: Research Lists
You can now find a new category of domain lists in the navigation. I use these domain lists internally, so I thought why not make them available to everyone. I'm not sure how useful these are to anyone else, but here you go. Under every research domain list, you can find a small FAQ that answers some questions you might have when you use these lists (Why are there gaps?, Why are some domains missing?, ...)
The domains from the research lists work in the bulk domain search and you can get domain details pages for them, however they do not show up in the domain name search. Other things like the watchlist and saved searches work as well.
If there is interest, I can also look into adding the cisco umbrella top 1 mio list or the tranco-list.eu list. Let me know if you would like to see these or other domain lists.
- .io domains drop again
The pending delete phase for .io domains was increased from 5 days to 15 days. That is why there was a 10 day gap.
- Added 2 new Domain Lists for NameLiquidate.com
The NameLiquidate Reverse and Bargain list is under the Epik Navigation Point.
- Added new Domain List Sav.com Auctions
- Added new Domain List Catched.com Auctions
- Removed the three Uniregistry Domain Lists
- Fixed an issue with the Domain Name Search and the TLD Filter
When the TLD Filter is used the search only uses lists that contain the selected TLD(s) to speed up the search. It doesn't make sense to search for a .pt domain in the deleted .com domain list, because it only contains .com domains. The list selection did not work properly for some TLDs. This is now fixed and should work as intended.
- SSL/HTTPS Update
The SSL certificates were renewed yesterday. TLS1, TLS1.1 were removed and TLS1.3 added. Without TLS1 and TLS1.1, some very old browsers/clients might not be able to use the website anymore.
- New 30 day droplist for .com.au
I'm working on a 30 day droplist for .com.au at the moment. This will be an addition to the very short official droplist. The dropdate calculation is not perfect yet and domains can still be renewed in this time!
- The drop check for .info and .pro is now 4 hours later
This seems to work better and I will keep it like this for now.
- New Domain Name Search System (search box, top right corner)
It looks the same and should work the same, but everything is new. The hardware, the search software, the api and the integration are completley new. If you notice any negative changes, let me know. The "exclude Domains on your Watchlist" filter now also works here and the new system can handle regex. This allows the wanted/unwanted character filters to work.
- Pending Delete and Deleted .org.il Domains
Pending delete and deleted .org.il domains are now also supported.
- Removed Facebook/Twitter Name Check
The update doesn't work anymore.
- Removed Quantcast Column and Filter
The update doesn't work anymore.
- Pending delete .co.il domains are back
The deleted .co.il domains and the pending delete list are now back.
- Removed Uniregistry domain registar links
Uniregistry is now owned by GoDaddy.
- Deleted .mx / .com.mx Domains
The public deleted domain list from registry.mx is unfortunately gone. I can't find a replacement for it on the new registry website, so at the moment I rely on the .mx / .com.mx droplist I create myself. If anyone know of a replacement, let me know.
- Updated the Domain Name Status Section on the Domain Details Page
The filter buttons now also copy a list of the selected domains (taken, available, ...) into your clipboard (CTRL+C/CTRL+V). Also the requested domain is now always the first entry in the list.
- Domain Name Lookup added to the Bulk Domain Search
The bulk domain search now has an option to "Find Domains based on Names without TLD". Without this option enabled, the bulk search only parses full domain names with a TLD (as expected). However with it enabled, you can now also enter any name and the search will find all known domains with that name.
For example: You can enter "hotel". This will currently return 595 known domain names in a multitude of TLDs and it will check if any of these are currently in a domain list. Just give it a try by entering your favorite domain name keywords.
Note: This will only find domains that exist in the current domain database. If you enter a name that is currently only known in two TLDs, it will only return two domains!
- Registrar Filter Update
The registrar filter received an update. You can now enter multiple search keywords separated by a comma (,). There is also a blocklist version of the filter now and it moved into a separate box on the Comman Tab.
- Fixed timeout issue with certain domain lists
The cpu cooler on one of the database servers died. This throttled the cpu and led to request timeouts. The cpu cooler was replaced and everything should go back to normal now.
- Enabled the export function for the Domain Name Search again
- Fixed: No updates to the pending delete list for 2-3 days
An integer ran out of range and prevented all updates to the list. This can not happen anymore and all domains are now updated.
- Fixed the Epik.com Preferred Registrar Link
- New Epik.com Marketplace Lists
Added the Epik.com Daily Diamonds and the Epik Marketplace Domains to the Database.
- The .ng / .com.ng drop works again
The drop process for .ng / .com.ng changed, but the calculated dropdate looks good now.
- New Research Tool: Domain Name Availability
Enter a word to find all domain names containing it and see in how many TLDs it is registered.
- The Domain Details Page now also accepts Names without a TLD
You can now view any name on the domain details page (e.g. /domain/example). If the details page receives a domain name (without tld), it will show you the availability of the domain name in all found tlds and the similar domains result. If it receives a valid domain (with tld), it will also try to find information about the domain.
- Droplist .pt works again
- The GoDaddy Auctions FTP works again
All lists are updated now.
- The .club availability check finally works again
- The .cn droplist works again
The missing days are also processed and in the deleted .cn list.
- Added Sedo Expiring Auction List
- New Filter/Column Yaca (Yandex Catalog)
The Yandex Catalog was a manually maintained directory like Dmoz. Unfortunately it was closed around the same time in 2017. Besides Dmoz, you can now also find Domains that were in the Yandex Catalog before it closed.
- The sedo bargain and make offer lists contain more domains now.
Also all adwords queues for sedo domains are now processed.
- The .uk droplist is now back in the pending delete list.
- Added a Listing Anchor Tag
The paging, sorting and a lot more listing related links use an anchor tag now. This reduces unnecessary scrolling which is especially nice for mobile users.
- Quicklinks for Deleted TLDs with Archive Lists
Deleted TLDs that have archive lists, now have an additional navigation instead of the list name. It makes checking the archive lists with the same filters a bit easier.
- Moved Deleted Domains to new Archive Lists
ccTLDs: .cn, .cc, .uk, .br, .ru, .us, .pl, .de, .co, .au, .ca, .it, .nl, .me, .fr and .in
ngTLDs: .xyz, .top, .club
The domains were already in the database. They just got moved from the regular deleted list to the respective archive list.
- Four new Sedo Lists
These lists do not have the previous limitations the fixed price list had (sold domains will be removed and prices updated). The bargain list contains buy now domains with a fixed price <= 500 USD. At the moment not all domains have adwords data yet. Everything else is updated, but adwords will probably take a couple of weeks to be finished.
- New Blocklist Domain Lists Filter for the Domain Name Search
- Group Names for TLD Allowlist/Blocklist Filter
The filters now support group names for TLD filtering. You can use "gtld", "cctld" and "ngtld" to remove or include the TLD Group. The group names with an (s) at the end work the same = gtlds, cctlds or ngtlds.
- New TLD Allowlist Filter
It works like the TLD Blocklist filter. You write out the TLDs you want to see and don't have to use the checkboxes. You can however combine both if you like.
- Fixed the TLD Blocklist Filter not working correctly in the Domain Name Search
- The droplist creation for .com.ar works again
- The .ly whois server works again
- New TLD Blocklist Filter
Blocklist TLDs and remove them from your listing. You can combine as many as you want.
uk = remove .uk and all second level .uk TLDs
*.uk = remove all second level .uk TLDs, but leave .uk
co.uk = remove just co.uk (.co.uk works the same)
.uk = remove just .uk (leave all second level .uk TLDs)
The blocklist can be combined with other TLD filters.
- Fixed the "Named Ending" Filter
- NameJet Most Active Mail Parser now uses the Bulk Domain Search
- Domain Details Page accepts any Domain Name Now
You can now view any existing domain name on the domain details page (e.g. /domain/example.com). You will at least see the domain name status section + the similar domains result, if the domain is not currently listed. If the domain is listed, you will also see the usual domain data for the domain. There is also now a simple filter for the domain name status section.
Recent Blog Posts
- Domain Name Availability
- Bulk Domain Search
- GEO Domains
- Dot Search with Multiple Keywords
- All-in-one Deleted Domain List
- Search through all Domains in the Database in one go
- Number of Related Domains for every Domain Name
- Expired Domains with Wikipedia Links
- Expired .br Domains: How to get them!
- New Domain List and Improved GoDaddy Implementation