Alexa Top Websites
What happened to Alexa?
The alexa.com website was shut down May 1, 2022. At the moment the top 1m sites file still exists and is updated daily. It is expected that this will work until December 2022, however it might shut down earlier.
Where can I download the Alexa Top Websites CSV File?
You can download the the Alexa Top Websites CSV here
Why is there not 1 Million Domains in the Alexa Top Websites List?
For a couple of months now the downloadable csv file doesn't contain 1 million entries anymore. The max amount of entries changes daily. Some days its around 750k, the next day the csv only contains 500k. In 2020 I have never seen exactly 1 million entries in the file! You can download the file yourself and look at the last line/rank. Because of these big daily jumps, only the first 200k lines of the file are considered.
The Alexa Top 1 Million CSV file is not actually based on domain names. It contains a lot of sub-domains. The same domain can be in the file multiple times with different sub-domains. However my list is based on domain names and sub-domains are filtered out. If that happens the best rank for a domain is represented and all others are ignored. This is also the reason why there are rank gaps in the list.
Also IDNs are not included and maybe some very new ngTLDs that are not supported yet.
Why are there gaps in the Alexa Ranks? Shouldn't there be 1,2,3,... and so on?
One domain can be in the Alexa Top 1 Million Websites CSV multiple times with different sub-domains. If a domain has multiple sub-domains in the list, the best rank for a domain is represented and all others are ignored.
Alexa Top Websites
- For details on when domain lists are usually updated, click here
- All times are UTC. Use the World Clock Meeting Planner or time.is if you want to know what time that is in your country.
- Important! There is no guarantee that the domain information is up to date! It can be old or wrong and everyone should check it before registering/buying a domain!
- Domain: Domain Name
- BL: Majestic External Backlinks, Click on the Number for Related Links
- DP: SEOkicks Domain Pop - Number of Backlinks from different Domains
- ABY: The Birth Year of the Domain using the first found Date from archive.org
- ACR: Archive.org Number of Crawl Results
- Dmoz: Status of the Domain in Dmoz.org
- C: DNS Status .com of Domain Name
- N: DNS Status .net of Domain Name
- O: DNS Status .org of Domain Name
- D: DNS Status .de of Domain Name
- Reg: Number of TLDs the Domain Name is Registered
- RDT: Number of Related Domains in .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info (starts with + ends with)
- AR: Alexa Rank from the Alexa Top Sites CSV