Alexa Top Sites
Where can I download the Alexa Top Sites CSV File?
Why is there not 1 Million Domains in the Alexa Top Sites List?
For a couple of months now the downloadable csv file doesn't contain 1 million entries anymore. The max amount of entries changes daily. Some days its around 750k, the next day the csv only contains 500k. In 2020 I have never seen exactly 1 million entries in the file! You can download the file yourself and look at the last line/rank. Because of these big daily jumps, only the first 200k lines of the file are considered.
The Alexa Top 1 Million CSV file is not actually based on domain names. It contains a lot of sub-domains. The same domain can be in the file multiple times with different sub-domains. However my list is based on domain names and sub-domains are filtered out. If that happens the best rank for a domain is represented and all others are ignored. This is also the reason why there are rank gaps in the list.
Also IDNs are not included and maybe some very new ngTLDs that are not supported yet.
Why are there gaps in the Alexa Ranks? Shouldn't there be 1,2,3,... and so on?
One domain can be in the Alexa Top 1 Million Sites CSV multiple times with different sub-domains. If a domain has multiple sub-domains in the list, the best rank for a domain is represented and all others are ignored.
Why is the AR Column different than the Alexa column?
The AR columns is from the current Alexa Top 1 Million Sites file. The Alexa column is directly updated from the Alexa.com api. The results can be very different! It seems that the Alexa Top 1 Million Sites CSV file is not using the current Alexa Ranks you can see on the Alexa.com website. For example: As of this writing, my website in the csv file has an Alexa Rank of 19,735, however when I look at Alexa.com, my website has an Alexa Rank of 11,569. The reason could be that the CSV Rank is based on data of the last month and the Alexa.com Rank is based on the last 3 months.
Alexa Top Sites
- Update Interval: Once Daily | Time Window: 03:00 PM - 04:00 PM *
- * All times are UTC. Use the World Clock Meeting Planner or time.is if you want to know what time that is in your country.
- Important! There is no guarantee that the domain information is up to date! It can be old or wrong and everyone should check it before registering/buying a domain!
- Domain: Domain Name
- BL: Majestic External Backlinks, Click on the Number for Related Links
- DP: SEOkicks Domain Pop - Number of Backlinks from different Domains
- ABY: The Birth Year of the Domain using the first found Date from archive.org
- ACR: Archive.org Number of Crawl Results
- Alexa: Alexa Traffic Rank (3 month average)
- Dmoz: Status of the Domain in Dmoz.org
- C: DNS Status .com of Domain Name
- N: DNS Status .net of Domain Name
- O: DNS Status .org of Domain Name
- D: DNS Status .de of Domain Name
- Reg: Number of TLDs the Domain Name is Registered
- RDT: Number of Related Domains in .com/.net/.org/.biz/.info (starts with + ends with)
- AR: Alexa Rank from the Alexa Top Sites CSV
- RL: Click on the Icon to see a list of Related Links for the Domain